Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Employee bennies

Employee bennies 08 Aug 2000 09:52 #610

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We bought our theatre in 1995 and in the hustle and bustle never even thought of retirement, etc. for our employees. Some have been with us since day one and after 5.5 years we're thinging of other stuff like IRA's, etc. What do others do?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Employee bennies 10 Aug 2000 21:30 #611

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
The company that I work for offers absolutely nothing to its employees. No vacation pay, insurance, 401k, overtime, no perks at all. The only benefit that the managers have is free movies at different cinemas throughout the city.

Re: Employee bennies 10 Aug 2000 22:46 #612

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
That's how we are and I'm suddenly realizing it sucks. There should be long term stuff for people who stay on and do good work. I have a cleaning guy who comes in 7 days a week and cleans the entire theatre, he comes in for mid show cleanings, he's amazing. I'd die if he left! I'm gonna work on this!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Employee bennies 13 Aug 2000 10:18 #613

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
we started a retirement program at the beginning of this year, for the same reasons that you are talking about. It is a simple IRA which gets invested into a mutual fund. The employee has a certain amount taken out of his check and the theatre matches up to 3% of yearly salary. It's really too new to tell how it works, but it gives me some sort of retirement benefit, which I never had and also something for my long term employees, which right now is just two of the cleaning ladies. It also hopefully will give us something to offer new people.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction