• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Is this picture a sleeper or a stinker?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Godzilla 2000 20 Jul 2000 21:01 #558

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Godzilla 2000 is a Japanese, man in a rubber suit movie from the same studio that brought us the origional film, Toho. The US distributor, Sony, is bringing it to America complete with bad dubbing. Even at that, It should be a better film than the American produced film of a couple of years ago. I would market the film as cult film, not as a mainstream release. I wouldn't expect oodle of boxoffice from this one. Perhaps a late night filler.

Re: Godzilla 2000 21 Jul 2000 10:22 #559

Hay guys! I think that Godzilla 2000 would be a great cult film. Think of all the grown ups who were around for the first one. I think with the bad dubbing in would be a kick. I'd be curious enough to go and see it.

Re: Godzilla 2000 23 Jul 2000 11:42 #560

I saw the trailer for Godzilla 2000 a few months ago at a regional NATO manager's seminar. I liked what I saw. It had enough modern special effects to not look too cheesy but the guy in the rubber suit and out-of-synch voices brought back fond memories of the original Godzilla flicks. As always though, local demographics and audience tastes will dictate whether this plays well in your area.

I plan to see it, it looks fun. At least with this film I'll probably laugh at scenes because they are supposed to be funny or hokey, not because the script is bad like the last big dollar Godzilla!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction