Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Opening a theater
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opening a theater

Opening a theater 24 Jan 2003 14:13 #4705

• Iowa Sue
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to open a theater, but I don't know how feasible it is. I live in a town population 1500-2000. Twenty miles each direction are towns 12,000 and 8,000. Each have a theater. One of which is very run down. The other 2 screens does okay. I know most of my business would commute in, but that's not uncommon in rural iowa. I want a 1 or 2 screen theater. Showing 1st run movies and retrospect for our large elderly population. There are several historic buildings in town that might be renovated, but I may have to build from scratch. Does it sound do-able? I don't know what kind of investment I'm looking at. It's difficult to find price information.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Opening a theater 24 Jan 2003 16:34 #4706

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Sue............ all good questions and most of the answers are already here so please search the archives and read-read-read. You can do it. Once you've read like crazy your questions will be more specific and people will help. The crux is that the best answers to your questions have already been written numerous times and the best writers are plumb tuckered out. So: reset your browser you you can see all the topics for the last year, read everything, and welcome to show biz. Best/Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:Opening a theater 17 Nov 2010 17:07 #34890

• Kamm
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I would say that I am asking the same things as the previous poster: With the changing media, are the answers from 2003 still relevant?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010 17:08 by Kamm.

Re:Opening a theater 17 Nov 2010 19:59 #34891

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Click on the "Classified" button at the top of this page. There you will find a couple of theatre design firms who can probably answer your construction cost questions.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction