Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Publicity

Publicity 03 Jul 2000 16:27 #469

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We just got our screen painted at the Skyline drive in and we got some free publicity by calling the newspapers and tv stations. They all said "wow, we've never seen a giant drive in theater screen get painted before". We had KOMO TV 4 show up with reporter Brian Johnson and videotape a short story about the screen. Also we had the Shelton-Mason County Journal come out and do a story on the pressure washing and painting of the screen (with picture). Last night the newspaper sends out a reporter (with camera in hand) because alot of people liked the screen painting story and wanted an in-depth story about the theater. The reporter spent 3 hours interviewing me and the theater owner.
Gee, all this FREE publicity!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Publicity 04 Jul 2000 18:51 #470

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Way to go Ken!

Re: Publicity 04 Jul 2000 22:15 #471

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Good for you, Ken. We are graced with a newspaper that generally makes interesting iterpretations of the copy i send them every week for an ad. Someone in the A&E section takes pitty on us and runs half-page reviews when he can. makes a huge diffeence when it's an inch above my ad for the same film. This week we are doing great with "Colour of Paradise" -- in no small part to the big review. You take your piblicity where you can get it!
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Publicity 09 Jul 2000 18:38 #472

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
You go Ken! WE've been lucky to get a lot of press over the years. We're gearing up for Chicken Run and we've got a big hobby farm group coming with a big chicken display and their "adopt a flock" program plus since Belfast was once the Bropiler Capital aka chicken processing town everyone will be wearing white coats and yellow hard hats like they all did in the chicken plants.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction