Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Patriot

The Patriot 29 Jun 2000 15:37 #455

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
A great response from our opening night with excellent reiews everywhere. I started laughing reading one when they called it "a basic revenge flick". Well............. hal-eh-julia!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Patriot 30 Jun 2000 01:16 #456

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
The shot heard around the world...the revolution has begun. I must admit I was a little scared of this picture for general markets, but based on the first two days grosses it appears we got the redcoats running.

One of my houses which is generally art product and upscale commercial was the one location that I felt very comfortable to place this film in. It's the only single screen playing the picture in that part of the state, and has the megaplexes already waving the white flag.

Looks like we'll be able to keep up the fight for some time, I now don't think the battle will be over quickly.

Re: The Patriot 01 Jul 2000 20:00 #457

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Playing to so so crowds. But then, its a holiday weekend. We expect next week to be a killer pull. Gotta love those cannonball!!!!

Re: The Patriot 03 Jul 2000 08:26 #458

I went to see "Patriot" at a small town theatre in Maine on the third night it ran and it was packed. I would say that here its doing rather well.

Re: The Patriot 03 Jul 2000 10:40 #459

• Mike
  • Administrator
We've been very steady with this picture/ not sold out but 2/3-3/4 full every show which is only one a night due to the 3 hour length. It has tremendous word of mouth. Everybody is really moved by it. The reveiews are uniformly excellent. I expect it to continue drawing very well. It struck me when I saw it as both a great film on our revolution but also on what it's like to experience war in your front yard. We've been immune from that for nearly 150 years and it reminded me of how good we have it here. It was highly appropriate for the July 4th weekend.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Patriot 03 Jul 2000 11:55 #460

The "Perfect Storm" is not a must see again picture, look for a quick drop once everyone start talking to their friends. Patriot is a very well made movie (even though the lab did a terrible job on the prints) with a likeable star "Mel," look for those legs to run past "Storm" over the next couple of weeks.

Re: The Patriot 03 Jul 2000 13:32 #461

• Mike
  • Administrator
Turns out I'm friends with the parents of the "American" British officer who assists the bad British guy. They live here and came to opening night. His getting killed was voted the "best death" by the cast! Certainly most worthy.

I'd agree on legs of the two. Storm is packing 'em in but will blow itself out while Patriot fever blazes on.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction