Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Spanish dubbed hollywood features
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spanish dubbed hollywood features

Spanish dubbed hollywood features 25 Jun 2000 00:08 #431

Does anyone out there run Spanish dubbed films from the majors? We are planning to open a triple in metro Atlanta that is in a hispanic area, is anyone doing this. Need help.
Thanks
Don Shafer
Blackwell Theatre
3378 Canton Road
Marietta, GA 30066
770 428 2646

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Spanish dubbed hollywood features 25 Jun 2000 19:32 #432

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We do not run what you're seeking. I take it you mean that you'd play a first run picture on release with dubbed Spanish. I don't know if it's availaible but it's interesting. Have you contacted any distribs? I'll speak with a couple in the AM and ask their opinion. I know they sub-title a lot of films but for full fledged dubbing you may have to wait until it's ready to head for the rest of the world. On the other hand... films play fist run in Puerto Rico in Spanish. Good question.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Spanish dubbed hollywood features 26 Jun 2000 13:30 #433

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I love it when you speak Spanish........

In conversations today with two major distribs who currently have first run pics; they report that there are most often Spanish dubbed prints. They are not put on every movie but most major releases by the distribs do have Spanish available. Currently they are available in NY and LA but I was talking to NY and LA. They are available because....? Surprise: there's a lot of Spanish people there. The distribs do like advance notice that an exhibitor is looking for a print in Spoanish. There are an extremely limited of prints. It would seem to indicate that in dates after the new releases the availability might increase.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction