Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Combo (aka Kiddie) Trays / Seniors
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Combo (aka Kiddie) Trays / Seniors

Combo (aka Kiddie) Trays / Seniors 11 Jun 2000 13:15 #403

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
I run a 5 screen arthouse in Northern California. When we took the theatre over in January, redecorated, improved the projection, sounds, seats, etc - we also tweaked the concessions offerings to better match our film selection. In the process of tweaking we nuked the kiddie tray based on the logic that we don't specialize in kids films. We also started with concessions pricing that was too low (about $1 below the market) - we've since fixed that problem. However on a size/price comparison we are still a good deal when compared to the other theatres in our area.

I should also mention that we have a large and loyal retirement community nearby and they are
frequent attenders. Many of them have commented or complained about our not having kiddie tray. I don't think we need one but the complaint keeps coming so I'm reconsidering the issue. For those of you that operate arthouses or play specialized pics or have a large senior audience, has this issue come up? How have you addressed it? If you offer a kiddie tray or combo deal what is the make-up of it (ie. does it include candy) and how do you price it.

All thoughts, comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks much
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Combo (aka Kiddie) Trays / Seniors 12 Jun 2000 13:46 #404

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Our combos do not include candy and it saves about .50$ on a soda and a large corn. People definitely go for it. We never did combos until someone pointed out to me that if it works for McD's,, Burger King, etc. et al... then I might consider it. We did and ....duh..it works! People do like the trays...it's a long walk to one of our theatres..up and down stairs along the way and if you're carrying soda and corn.. it consolidates.

Combo's sell. Are people this simple? Yes.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction