Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Web Advice

Web Advice 01 Jun 2000 13:13 #396

• EdwardT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all. I am with the company that developed the bigscreenbiz.com web site. We also created the Colonial Theatre Website for Mike. In talking with Mike we decided it might be helpful to start a thread on how theatres can best utilize the web.

I will post comments and ideas to this topic and try to answer any questions you pose for me. I hope you find this helpful and I look forward to sharing what I know with you.
Derek Anderson
WebMaster
Bigscreenbiz.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Web Advice 05 Jun 2000 12:38 #397

• SMMORRIS
  • Senior Boarder
Hi!

I was impressed by the site you put together for the Colonial. What would someting like that cost for a little guy like me?

Re: Web Advice 06 Jun 2000 17:05 #398

• EdwardT
  • Fresh Boarder
To get a well designed site with basic database functionality you can expect to pay from $2,000 dollars and up.

Of course you can pay much less to get a basic web presence but as with anything else the golden rule of "You get what you pay for!" holds true.

I know of many businesses who have decided to go with the inexpensive route when developing their first website only to turn around a year later to spend what they should have spent in the beginning to have a site built professionaly.

We always try to get businesses to look at the web as another way to serve their customers rather than just another way to promote to them. I think you can see this evident in the features of the colonial theatre web site.
Derek Anderson
WebMaster
Bigscreenbiz.com

Re: Web Advice 06 Jun 2000 19:52 #399

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey! I think from where I was standing I could see Mount 3000 and Mount 4000 by the time The Colonial went hot. And worth every nickel of it. We got a personal letter of commendation from Yahoo and it pops up on search engines fast.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Web Advice 07 Jun 2000 14:23 #400

Hello,

I am Jason Doll with ICON Software. We have a Movie Information and On-line Ticketing website at [url=http://www.FilmFrenzy.com.]www.FilmFrenzy.com.[/url] FilmFrenzy.com sees over 90,000 visitors per month and has about 600,000 hits per month.

To expand on EdwardT's concept, ICON can establish a link from your website to FilmFrenzy.com so that you can offer on-line ticketing to your customers. This can be set up in such a way that your customers do not even know that they have left your website.

Once your customers purchase their tickets, then they can either print up a ticket at home, or can redeem the reservation at the theater using their credit card. Redemtion can take place at an ATM, the Box Office or on our hand held iTRACKER wireless solution, that the usher can be holding. We are currently doing this for many of our clients that range in size from a three screen independant to a large chain in the Southeast.

If you want more information you can e-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction