Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby NEW arthouse films in a small theatre/bar
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW arthouse films in a small theatre/bar

NEW arthouse films in a small theatre/bar 02 Sep 2014 00:41 #41355

Does anyone have experience with Emerging Pictures? They apparently distribute first-run arthouse films to a small network of theatres via streaming over dedicated broadband lines. I am not THE most tech savvy person, but if anyone has experience with, or can make heads or tails of the intriguing link below, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Our bar has a dedicated, soundproofed venue space that is ideal for films with a narrower audience, and this is a progressive college town that is begging for an arthouse cinema. BUT being a single-screen arthouse theatre, at less than 50 seats our venue will NEVER justify the cost of a DCI projection system. We've been able to find a couple independent companies that are able to send bluray screeners instead of DCP, but mostly we'd have to wait until after dvd release dates to screen films via Swank. Then I found this...

Emerging Pictures: How It Works

Some of my confusion is with the server - does this mean we need to have a server inside our theatre? I usually think of a server in terms of the server that stores the data for our website, which is in another state. And obviously this is different than a DCP server that would be in a standard movie theatre?

Anyways, does anyone have experience with this company, or any insight into how their network works? We have been getting so many requests to show the movies they carry! Their catalog is EXACTLY the films we have been trying to get ahold of, it's like it's tailored just for us. Too good to be true??? Thanks for any help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction