Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Friday night school kids

Friday night school kids 03 Jun 2014 09:34 #40978

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
When we went into the business in 1994 middle and high school kids would crush us on Friday nights and less so on a Saturday night. We were the only way ... and church or school do not count.. for them to be off by themselves and unsupervised. we do not have malls or bowling or other things kids might do by themselves.... that business is gone. oh... we still get kids ... but not in swarms by the tens and dozens. Friday night has become a good night but nowhere near what it once was. Who else has this experience? And I have a reason for asking that I'll talk about later.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Friday night school kids 03 Jun 2014 12:41 #40980

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Same here. I've been here since 1998 (as a staff member) and owned my theater since 2008. We just had a lot more teenage movie goers in general back then. Now, my teen crowds show up mostly for Rated R movies like Neighbors and Hangover and it causes stress for me when I'm turning them away for not being 17.

Our Fridays are decent now but not the business they used to be. Nobody comes for the matinee, the evening shows are strong but not slammed. I usually gauge my weekend by Fridays performances. Saturdays are always busier than Friday for all show times, so I can take Friday and add 25% or more.

I feel like our crowd is maturing. Young adults, families with kids and old people. Everyone but teenagers. I think these demographics are able to value movie going as a way to get out of the house and socialize with friends and family doing something entertaining other than "going to dinner" or "going out for coffee."

To be honest, I'm stressed when we get groups of teens. For the most part they are disrespectful little turds, they are loud and they tear up my building. I am okay with this trend. Our numbers are strong without them.

Friday night school kids 03 Jun 2014 14:51 #40981

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
We don't allow kids under high school age without a parent, so the theater has become a refuge of sorts for the high school age kids to get away from the Jr. High aged kids.

But still, Saturday and Sunday are busier days for us than Fridays with very few exceptions. This is particularly so as we have started doing 8-10pm Thursday night premieres for our bigger movies which has siphoned even more of the Friday night crowd off.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction