Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Open Captions

Open Captions 24 Feb 2014 12:30 #40687

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Ever since we changed over to digital, I wanted to offer a regular show with subtitles, but never followed through. That is until last week when I saw that mike stated to do it. so this Sunday evening, we had our first subtitled show. I had advertised it on our recording, website, Facebook,newsletter and text message.
The result, I have to admit, was pretty disappointing. Not only did nobody show up just got the captions, the people that did show up complained. I am a stubborn german, so I'll run it for a while, but like I say it was rather dissapointing. Anybody else has experience with this? How did your first day work out, Mike?
Jay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Captions 26 Feb 2014 09:53 #40688

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Thanks for noticing... we have heard so many complaints, and some very insistent demanding hearing assistance devices, but all of the stuff is expensive and it all does not work for all hearing problems. This last Sunday we started "Sub Title Sundays" and all our movies are captioned (it's very easy with digital) ... we had one serious complainer... and the funniest thing about her is she is the same person who MOST asks for French films, which ALL come subtitled. But we had a large number... 5-10 who thanked us or said it was a very slight distraction. We're going to keep at it. We'll keep you posted. It's basically a little bit more difficult than turning on the captioning for a dvd.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Open Captions 26 Feb 2014 10:14 #40689

• bobezra
  • Fresh Boarder
We have added a 2pm Sunday Open Captioned show.
Over the last 6 weeks it has been popular and often generates positive feedback.
None negative yet
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction