Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby ~45 seat screening room
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ~45 seat screening room

~45 seat screening room 13 Dec 2013 10:21 #40473

• Bobbin
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you have a ~45 seat screening room? Could you share information on the physical dimensions/layout and screen size?

We are in the early planning stages of creating, from scratch, a pair of approximately 45 seat movie exhibition rooms. We are interested in the layout, dimensions and screen size in similar settings. Schematics, blueprints and comments on what you would might have done differently are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Happy Holiday and best wishes for the New Year.

Bobbin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

~45 seat screening room 13 Dec 2013 16:02 #40474

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm going to guess most people aren't going to give away something like blueprints as it costs a lot of money to get an architect to draft them.

What in particular are you needing to know? There are many factors that would go into things like the layout of the room that you would need to known before starting.

My first question would be how large of a screen are you wanting to have? If you know that, you can start the process of designing a basic layout for the room that you could then take to an architect to properly design and draft.

~45 seat screening room 14 Dec 2013 00:25 #40475

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
First thing is to determine how big your screen will be. a) Do not go too small or you will not be much more than a home theater these days. UNLESS, you will be playing arthouse/independent movies. Those theaters seem to get away with having screens 16' wide or smaller. There is a new art/ind theater being started in my area that looks like they will have at best a 10' wide screen. b) The best distance to place seats from the screen is 2 - 4 times the screen height (something I will never forget from John Pytlak (I hope I am spelling his name right). Many theaters go as close as 1 x, but I do not recommend that.

After you decide that, I would insure that you have nice spacing between rows.

~45 seat screening room 14 Dec 2013 14:34 #40479

• Bobbin
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the response.
I am planning on primarily playing arthouse/independent movies. We are building from the ground-up on a small lot. We are trying to determine how much space we need for two 45 seat screening rooms and what are the best configurations - number of rows, row spacing, aisle spacing, screen size,... We intend to have stadium seating and be all digital. We would like to optimized quality of viewing experience and cost.

I appreciate that this is a second question but do you have experience and/or an opinion about having a "boothless" room. I have heard arguments on both sides.

Thanks again

~45 seat screening room 14 Dec 2013 21:41 #40480

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Bobbin wrote:

I appreciate that this is a second question but do you have experience and/or an opinion about having a "boothless" room. I have heard arguments on both sides.

Thanks again

Do not do it!

This has been discussed a couple of times over at Film-Tech.com.

~45 seat screening room 15 Dec 2013 11:55 #40481

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
boothless: to date they are not quiet enough so it does not work. closet at the least.

If you are spending the money to build 2 new small screens why would you not invlove a prodessional theatre architect? I think you'd be nut not to. Especially with your lack of experience.

Barring that: hit the road and go see a bunch of places.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction