Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: anchoman 2

anchoman 2 09 Dec 2013 12:02 #40471

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I note that they are doing everything they can to "lower expectations" on this film. Not. My concern is how good can it be? Many of these films like Anchorman and Elf and Christmas Story actually age better and better than they were in real life the first time they were in theatres. You come to appreciate knowing when the jokes are coming and the jokes get better with age so will 2 be worth all the hype? I have no idea. Even for a guy who is a pretty big deal. I'm betting it under performs. Will Farrel does grow on you. Things that made you go "ewwww" on Saturday Night Live are now hilarious... after repeated viewings.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

anchoman 2 17 Dec 2013 13:41 #40484

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I tend to agree. I didn't find Anchorman very funny the first time I watched it. Somehow I ended up with the DVD and now I can quote the whole movie and find it hilarious.

The thing that it has going-- the fact that Anchorman 1 aged well and people know the characters.

I'm also not looking for it to have legs. I'd like a decent first weekend, and then it can die in one of our small theaters while we bank on Christmas movies.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction