Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 35 mm issues

35 mm issues 29 Oct 2013 13:14 #40386

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Warner Brothers has been booking 35 at a minimum of 400.00 to move you a print.... now Disney says they need a 500.00 advance to book a 35 mm print of Thor or Frozen. Have any of you still in 35 mm land run into this?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

35 mm issues 30 Oct 2013 00:43 #40389

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
These guys always very good to me and my clients ..
They will be missed !

35 mm issues 30 Oct 2013 03:20 #40390

• bobezra
  • Fresh Boarder
I was told it's because they've been stiffed by 35mm theatres going out of business...

35 mm issues 31 Oct 2013 11:32 #40391

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
They may have a good reason, but I seriously doubt being stiffed is one of them. Their collection practices with smaller exhibitors have to be the best in the business. Any theater that closes without paying its film bills isn't likely to stiff a studio for much more than a few hundred dollars, if that much. In the big picture, it's not likely a good rationale for raising minimums on everyone.

More likely, it's the cost of maintaining the 35mm infrastructure, including the manpower necessary to monitor and distribute the prints. For years, we've known this could come. When you produce fewer widgets, each costs more to make.

Lastly... without setting a firm deadline, this could partly be the studios' way of nudging the remaining 35mm exhibitors away from the media... make it more expensive and hard to get, while not discontinuing it altogether. Eventually, the cost will force you to make a decision, rather than waiting for the studios to do it for you at a possible legal risk to them. If they apply their charges evenly, there's not a lot you can do about it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction