Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby The end is near enough to see.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The end is near enough to see.

The end is near enough to see. 22 Oct 2013 12:50 #40369

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
This week: not able to get a 35 mm print of Capt. Phillips, Gravity, Rush, Enough Said. We are offered 35 mm in Bad Grandpa, Enders Game, Free Bird. Meanwhile I was able to book Capt. Phillips, Gravity (after ONE week), Enough Said, The Counselor, Last Vegas on digital.... so 35 mm people.... we'll make it through Christmas and after that 35 mm will just trail off, peter out, and I'll be amazed if there are prints available for the summer. The end is nigh. The worst of it in the one theatre is that we could easily have booked in films that are doing business: Gravity-Capt.-Enough Said... but with a 35 mm projector: no deal. No business.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The end is near enough to see. 24 Oct 2013 14:42 #40376

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Starting tomorow there will four theatres in my area playing Enough Said.

Three of those four theatres are still 35MM.

The end is near enough to see. 31 Oct 2013 11:51 #40393

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
My wife and I watched Gravity (3D) in an IMAX theatre last night. If there's a movie since Avatar that should not have been released in 2D, I think Gravity is it.

... and I don't especially care for 3D.

The end is near enough to see. 01 Nov 2013 20:34 #40394

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Well Guys, I just took over a 35mm theatre and my booker says I have about a year yet before I have to worry about digital. Remember, I'm the guy who said several years ago that we still have two or three years of film left and some of you mocked me.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

The end is near enough to see. 02 Nov 2013 13:33 #40395

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
revrobor wrote:
Well Guys, I just took over a 35mm theatre and my booker says I have about a year yet before I have to worry about digital. Remember, I'm the guy who said several years ago that we still have two or three years of film left and some of you mocked me.

Bob,

What do you plan on playing at this theater? How old will the movies be when you play them? How far away is your closest competitor? What is the population of this town that you are in? Does the owner you are working for own the building? Was the theater closed for any period of time recently or continuous operation? What movies are you playing right now?

How many of you bookers out there are telling your clients the same as Bob is being told?

The end is near enough to see. 02 Nov 2013 14:44 #40396

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
rufusjack wrote:
revrobor wrote:

Bob,

What do you plan on playing at this theater? How old will the movies be when you play them? How far away is your closest competitor? What is the population of this town that you are in? Does the owner you are working for own the building? Was the theater closed for any period of time recently or continuous operation? What movies are you playing right now?

How many of you bookers out there are telling your clients the same as Bob is being told?

This is the only theatre in a county of 20,000. The nearest competition is 22 miles away. It was day and date when it went dark in '10. Not playing anything right now. Hope to open by Thanksgiving. Yes, the owner owns the property.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

The end is near enough to see. 08 Nov 2013 14:50 #40411

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Guys, anyone got a pair of 35mm hand rewinds you'd give me? I'll gladly pay shipping.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction