Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EBITDA?

EBITDA? 13 Sep 2013 01:17 #40285

• bpk
  • Fresh Boarder
There doesn't seem to be any information on the forum about this. Has anyone calculated their EBITDA lately or know what the average is for theaters (art house-ish)? If I understand it correctly, its the percentage of your business' profitability.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EBITDA? 13 Sep 2013 09:25 #40286

• lionheart
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
EBITDA is not a percentage. It is Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization. It's similar to net profit, just without subtracting these specific things. I don't think you are going to find any averages or industry data on this one. I've seen it referred to on business-for-sale type websites, but that's about it. To compare EBITDA data from one theater to the next would be much like comparing profit. Not a bad idea, but not something most people are going to share in a public forum.

EBITDA? 14 Sep 2013 13:29 #40287

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
EBITDA can be expressed as a percentage for comparison purposes. Usually compared to gross revenues.

You can look at the publicly traded companies: Regal Entertainment Group (ticker symbol RGC), Carmike Cinemas (CKEC), Cinemark (CNK), and eventually AMC as they about to go public. EBITDA as a percent of gross sales for these has been in the 7% - 16% range for the past few years. (I only calculated a few years across a couple of companies)

EBITDA might be a tough comparison to use if you own your own building. Most of the chains lease most of their locations.

EBITDA? 17 Sep 2013 00:58 #40288

• bpk
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply gentleman. I need for my loan application/bplan. My EBITDA is much higher than the big chains, so that will help...but then again, it's all guessitmates anyway...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction