Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: we get letters

we get letters 05 Jul 2013 15:22 #40119

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Here's a letter I get that is very typical of new businesses just starting out.....

these are great questions and if I answered every inquiry like this personally I'd never get a thing done. This information is hard won and would take a long time to convey. I work for a living. I am happy to be hired by you to help with this sort of help. Please post it in the forums and hope for help or pony up and pay for some help from me or other professionals who will be more than happy to help. I gauge people like this very simply: if they are not willing to spend a small amount of money to attain absolutely critical information to starting a serious business entity then they in all likelihood will never risk the capital to start a movie theatre. The movie theatre business is for real: it takes a lease/utilities, chairs, concessions, rest rooms, signs, permits, phones, insurance/ permits/ staff/ advertising/ projection/ sound/ screen/ stage/ life safety/ fire alarms/ etc. etc. If you do not know what you are doing... and asking where do you get movies? would be a good sign.... hire a professional. Mike

Dear MikeI have been having a look through the forum on here and it seems you are extremely knowledgable in opening and running a movie theater. I am looking at opening a very small (one screen) first run independent boutique theatre and wondered if you could point me in the right direction on a couple items. Firstly, how does the film distribution work? Do I need to contact each film studio individually and how do I get contact information? What are the typial costs involved in first run films, bearing in mind my theater will seat no more than 100 people.
I have tried to research on the site but I fear I may be missing something as I can not see all responses to questions asked.
I would greatly appreciate any help you are able to offer.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction