Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby New Non Profit Theater
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Non Profit Theater

New Non Profit Theater 15 Apr 2013 19:50 #39912

• Mblakeslee
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm in the process of starting a new non profit theater (indie/art house) and as I've been working with a lawyer, he asked if I would be able to obtain any of the following documents for currently running non profit theaters.
I know this may be a long shot, but would anyone have these documents and mind sharing any of the following?
1. Articles of Incorporation
2. Bylaws
3. 1023 Form

This would help get us light years ahead in the process of opening the theater. Also any other tips/thoughts you'd give a new non profit theater would be great. We're looking at an old theater in town that has multiple screens and a market to support it if we aim for the indie/art house model (according to our research).

I love this site and would not be anywhere close to having the knowledge and understanding of what it is we are getting into if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks for all the posts and information (I've spent hours on here).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Non Profit Theater 15 Apr 2013 21:41 #39913

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I would suggest that you contact the Leauge of Historic American Theatres at
www.lhat.org/index.aspx. Most of the members there are non-profits and could be a big help.

You'll need to join to participate, but the cost while seeming high at first is in fact low when considering the wealth of information that you will be able to aquire.

New Non Profit Theater 15 Apr 2013 23:28 #39914

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Go to legalzoom.com on-line. They should be able to answer your questions. Your by-laws are drafted by you and state the purpose of the theatre and operating procedures for your board.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction