Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Flick attended and reviewed

The Flick attended and reviewed 25 Feb 2013 18:33 #39787

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
LAST WEEKEND i WAS IN nyc AVOIDING ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE i KNOW IN THE CITY AND THE AREA ALL OF WHO GET OFFENDED... "yOU DIDN'T CALL ME??!!" AND IF i HAD i'D NEVER HAD A MINUTE TO MYSELF. i LOVE THESE PEOPLE, INCLUDING MY BROTHER AND HIS FAMILY, etc. etc. But I cannot do it all. I was a member on a panel at Columbia Univ. with Bud Mayo of Clearview, Digiplex, and Cinidigm and Rob Lister of I-Max. I was representing the smaller theatre owners perspective and we talked to MBA students of the entertainment industry about the state of the exhib industry/ alternative content.... digital cinema/ concessions/ etc. etc. etc. Afetr hanging out in the ity the next day Therese and I hit "The Flick". We'd been comped 100.00 seat tiks. Thank you very much. Center seats 3rd row. The set is as if you were on the screen looking at a theatre's seats. Crappy stained sound fold fabrics, gum on the seats, popcorn and bags and cans on the floor, a view into the projection booh via the ports, exit door (only one?) and all the action was between the concession/ clean up /projectionists/ all enter and exit via the one entrance in and out for theatre goers. No one, except one guy who falls asleep and never says a word, is ever "at the movies". The place is a dump and tired and the staff runs a scam called "dinner money" aka skimming and stealing a % sharing evenly. I'm still digesting the play. It's a little bit difficult as many things they got right.. the guys arguing over movies and people sneaking in food (chocolate pudding???!!!) but each of the people all have their lives and they're trying to be something else or someone, or want to move on or are moving no where at all , they have crushes on the woman projectionist but have no idea who she is... The reason I felt like I did not know if it was any good or not was that I felt like I was in one of my theatres and it seemed very normal. I felt like saying "Can you pick up the pace?" at different points. Like 'get to work" ????

Anyway I am still digesting it. It was really nice to see a play set inside a movie theatre. I do think they nailed just how weird everyone is. Including me.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Flick attended and reviewed 18 Mar 2013 13:17 #39827

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction