Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Looking for help starting a new theater!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for help starting a new theater!

Looking for help starting a new theater! 22 Dec 2012 02:51 #39611

I'm interested in starting a one screen art house movie theater in the Las Vegas area! I'm just seeking out any advice from movie theater owners for help starting this!
I know this is such a broad question, but any help would be much appreciated!
Especially let me know if there are any books I could reference!
Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for help starting a new theater! 22 Dec 2012 06:53 #39612

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Why the Las Vegas area Kris? Are there no art houses in Vegas at this time?
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Looking for help starting a new theater! 22 Dec 2012 15:30 #39613

Well the reason I'm looking at Vegas is because that's where I currently reside, and will be for quite some time. Vegas doesn't have any art houses that I'm aware of, and I think that the city is trying to find it's cultural footing. The strip is so overwhelming at times for locals, and the downtown area is trying to rebrand itself for a younger hipper local crowd.
Do you have any positive/negative feelings at the fact that it's Las Vegas?

Like I said, I'm just a movie buff, who wants to offer things other than gambling in Vegas!!

Looking for help starting a new theater! 23 Dec 2012 03:46 #39620

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Well Kris, back in the '60s I was a slot floorman in a club that no longer exists downtown. I liked the town but I was in the process of divorcing my wife and living the wild lifestyle. Now that I have matured and come to my senses I would do a little research about the town. With a slogan of "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" no one is given the impression it is a family friendly or "artsy" city. Do they have any performing arts groups there that sponsor concerts (other that rock) or little theatre groups that put on classic plays? If so check with those groups and see what the response is to their presentations. If not then you might have trouble finding an audience unless you featured films with sex and nudity. Stuff like that always goes over in Vegas. Good luck.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction