Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Restoring a classic theatre in California

Restoring a classic theatre in California 10 Dec 2012 02:55 #39561

• Artc25
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all.
I'm new to this site.
I'm a partner in a redevelopment company considering the restoration of a classic building that includes an old theatre. Our plan could include restoration of the theatre as an art house playing classics, theme nights, special engagements, etc. A daunting task I know.
I'd appreciate thoughts and feedback on the viability and practicality of trying such a crazy thing.
Although there are other older theatres in our city, none are as close to the heart of our city or as large and historical as this one.
Sobering advice is always welcomed.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Restoring a classic theatre in California 10 Dec 2012 07:02 #39562

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Reopening a closed theater isn't easy, even more so a classic building that you want to restore. Typically restoration of old buildings (theaters or not) cost 2-3 times what it would cost to renovate the space with modern fixtures. The other thing that can be really expensive is getting an old building up to code. Obviously, this is necessary whether restoring or renovating for any purpose.

If you're a developer, I would look more at finding somebody else who wants to run an arthouse/repertory cinema and work with them on putting it together.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction