Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A 3-D Question

A 3-D Question 06 Dec 2012 00:25 #39531

• JPRM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's a question from the "I have to at least ask" file.

We're set to go 3D (Real D) in a couple of weeks. Our screen has been ordered and the rest of our gear will be arriving soon. The one problem is that the screen will arrive a good week or two later than everything else.

So is it just not possible to use my system until the silver screen is installed? Does the presentation suffer significantly?

I don't really expect to use 3D until I have the proper screen, but I thought I should see if y'all had any thoughts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A 3-D Question 06 Dec 2012 03:01 #39532

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
You will get zero 3D affect because the matte screen does not retain the polarization. This is why you need a silver screen with the polarized 3D formats (Real D, Master Image, etc.) but not with Dolby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPRM

A 3-D Question 06 Dec 2012 14:42 #39533

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If you're asking whether you can use the equipment for 2D while you wait for the screen, the answer is Yes. Just keep the RealD stuff in the box until you're ready.

A 3-D Question 06 Dec 2012 17:24 #39534

• JPRM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the responses. I didn't really expect to be able to do 3D before the screen arrived, but wondered to what extent the quality would be diminished - or if it wouldn't work at all.

That said, what have your experiences been like with 3D? Has it been good for business? I know better than to expect miracles, but I'm excited to be getting it. I think there's only one other second-run theater in the state doing it, so I like the idea of doing something different, offering 3D at a low price, etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction