Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pre Show Ad format

Pre Show Ad format 15 Oct 2012 20:27 #39380

• Timoc
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I'm new to digital. Been lurking here for a while now. We are having a Christie CP2210 with a Christie IMB-S2 installed. We would like to run a few local business ads before the feature. What would be the best format for them to shoot the videos in? I would like to ingest these into the server rather than play them through a DVD if that helps.
Thanks for any advice!
-Tim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pre Show Ad format 16 Oct 2012 05:36 #39381

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
The most common complaint I received when I was managing multiplexes was about the pre-show ads. Customers generally don't like them. They get plenty on TV. Why would you subject your customers to that. In the past I owned and managed several single-screeners and we never ran pre-show ads. My thought is if you can't make a profit with your film programming you shouldn't be in business. There are those on this site that will disagree with me and that's fine. But that's my 2 cents worth.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Pre Show Ad format 16 Oct 2012 07:09 #39382

• Timoc
  • Fresh Boarder
Bob, we normally don't show pre-show ads, but we are doing it to fulfill donors pledges. We will only run them for a year to honor their donations.

I contacted Christie and they gave me the necessary format information.
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2012 07:11 by Timoc.

Pre Show Ad format 16 Oct 2012 17:00 #39383

• BusyBee
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't have an answer to your actual question, and it appears you got your answer from Christie, but wanted to counter what Bob said.

We run still ads on screen before the show starts. We stopped doing it for a time, and our customers were both concerned and confused. Many people came out to the lobby to ask why there wasn't anything on-screen. So, at least here, people expect the ads and enjoy them.

We also run bits of trivia and facts about the history of our theater, and have received lots of compliments.

Now, the actual video commercials that run before a show in the multiplex (for TV shows and mountain dew) are super annoying. I hate those, and so does everyone else.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction