Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ticket Printers

Ticket Printers 02 Oct 2012 23:46 #39319

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
We had a lightning strike either very nearby our theater or hitting the theater itself. We have three phase power and it knocked out one of the power phases. I am not even close to an electrician but from what I have learned it is bad for things to run on two phases of power when they were designed for three. It ruined two of our ten 5-ton AC units and it also killed a ticket printer, too (or it was very coincidental). We have full coverage, thank goodness, so the ACs should be covered and maybe the ticket printer too but they don't make these printers anymore. What do you use for ticket printers and what do you like/not-like about your printer?
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ticket Printers 03 Oct 2012 23:57 #39325

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Same thing happened to us 2 months ago. One phase got knocked out and we lost our bathroom lights and 2 of four screens. Thankfully no equipment got ruined. The utility company lineman said one leg was pretty weak to begin with already.

Ticket Printers 04 Oct 2012 02:40 #39328

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Depends on what kind of tickets you print, I suppose. We use thermal rolls, so Epson printers have worked well for us.

On the subject of your 3 phase:

I have several broadcast transmitters that don't do well if a leg drops. I have phase detector relays in them that will disconnect the power to them if a leg drops below a certain point.

I also have phase detection in our generators, so if the power company is to blame, the generator will take over and the system will notify me by phone.

If there's any chance of a repeat in your case, the phase relays could save your compressors.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction