Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here Come The Aurora Theatre Lawsuits

Here Come The Aurora Theatre Lawsuits 22 Sep 2012 03:32 #39236

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Not unexpected.

On the one hand it seems a bit of stretch from a liability standpoint. On the other hand there are theories floating around that Holmes choose that particular venue - as opposed to theatres closer to where he lived - because of its lack of security and layout. The theatre routinely had police on duty for the weekends but because it was a Thursday night there was no police presence - despite advance sales of sold out midnight shows in multiple auditoriums and an anticipated large crowd. [Heck in NYC they had police at various multiple Apple stores yesterday due to the anticipated crowds for the IPhoney 5 going on sale.]

I doubt Cinemark has enough insurance to cover all of the victims. In fact I have to wonder if they might not be self insured. Therefore I would expect them to fight the lawsuits - particularly the first ones - pretty hard.

Kind of surprised that Warner Brothers was not also named as a defendant - considering that the frist trailer for Gangster Squad (containing the theatre shooting scene)had been playing since early May. But maybe that will be a separate lawsuit.

First of Aurora Theatre Lawsuits Filed
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2012 15:37 by muviebuf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction