Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "starting a movie theatre" letter

"starting a movie theatre" letter 20 Sep 2012 18:54 #39228

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Recently I received a nice letter.... I work as a consultant for theatre buyers, re-starters, etc.... but it is amazing to me that people routinely write letters like the one that follows and they are looking for "free" information. If you want cheap help: here's the best things you can do:
1. read bigscreenbiz forums
2.go to a trade show
3. purchase the last year's issue of Film Journal-Box Office and Screentrade
4. make friends with someone who has a theatre at least 50 miles away from where you plan to do business.
5. starting a cheap 3 screen theatre will require +/- 400-500K. If you have that kind of cash and are willing to spend that kind of money to start your theatre: hire a consultant.
6. if you do not have that kind of cash or credit: it's a dream my friend.

"Dear Bigscreenbiz....
I am keen to start a Movie Theater in XXXX. At this point I am researching my target market and and conducting feasibility tests. Additionally, I will have a strong Business and Marketing Plan. Recently I've stumbled across your website and have became a member of Bigscreenbiz.

I have too many questions to be addressed in one email, but for starters I would be much obliged if you could assist me with figuring out the start-up costs of a Movie Theater-Pub. Have you had any experience starting a Theater-Pub? If you could please give me as extensive list as possible of the necessary costs for starting a Movie Theater of three screens (I'm hoping to show three screens).

I was hoping to show a variety of new releases, silver screen re-releases, independent films, foreign films, films in Spanish to accommodate for the growing Latino community, and also sporting events. Is my scope too wide? How is the process different for acquiring films from these different producers? Of course, any advice that you could possible shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

I would not be purchasing an old theater, rather most likely I will be renovating an old building. I am under the assumption that renovating a old building would be cheaper than building one from scratch.

At this point, this is the majority of my questions that will assist me in conducting my research.

Of course, if you have any questions or concerns for me, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope to hear from you soon."
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction