Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: projection equip in the dumpster

projection equip in the dumpster 17 Aug 2012 14:14 #39023

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Our Christie AW 3 make up table died. I called around and hooked up with a mini major. They had just junked out a 10 screen 30 miles down the road from me and everything, platters, projectors, make up tables, etc. had gone in the dumpster. But not to worry: he had 3 make up tables that I could grab at another location. I am on my way today for a nice ride. Meanwhile I often get calls asking me "what is their used 35 mm equip worth?" It is as valuable as the scrap metal you have in it. If someone wants it for some reason, you should give it to them for a nominal fee, If they are willing to take it then good on them. When you are switching out what are you supposed to with all that stuff? Wait around hoping 35mm will come back? Not likely. We stuck our two (had to leave one up) in the basement but why save 12? It's very expensive junk at this point. Unless it is running. In which case it is essential.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

projection equip in the dumpster 17 Aug 2012 21:54 #39027

• Andrew Thomas
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Yeah, we are in the process of getting all our 35mm gear serviced and running and you can go 5 minutes without finding somebody in the country junking their gear. Since we couldn't go the VPF route and have screens small enough for the new (and much cheaper, heard $30kish with server from both Christie and NEC guys) TI .68 DMD projectors, we are going to spend the couple of thousand to get our 35mm stuff going and then replace them every 4-6 months with the small digitals. Really amazing how little this equipment is going for. Since we do plan to combine two of our screens (going from 5 to 4) next year, I did go ahead and buy a Barco DP100 as the little DLPs won't light up a 50' screen!

projection equip in the dumpster 20 Aug 2012 02:10 #39032

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I have one projector that I plan on going all "Office Space" on after I take it to the scrap yard.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction