Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Should I build a theater???
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Should I build a theater???

Should I build a theater??? 15 Aug 2012 20:02 #39017

My husband and I have been talking about running a small theater, just one or two screens. We LOVE the idea of this, but we don't know where to start. What kind of licensing is involved? How much would it be to build our own place? How long would it take to get it up and running? Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should I build a theater??? 16 Aug 2012 15:51 #39020

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
My wife and I run a single screen in Iowa and love it. We live above it and just recently purchased a six screen theater in Wisconsin which we commute to. Building your own place would be very expensive. I would suggest looking for a nearby theater and seeing if they want to sell to you. By the way, if this is your sole source of support, I would suggest doing something else. You will not get rich doing this. It is fun and rewarding but it is also challenging and loads of work as well.
"What a crazy business"
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheIowaFolks

Should I build a theater??? 21 Aug 2012 23:24 #39038

• JPRM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
As a brand spankin' new owner of an old theater, I say go for it, but listen to leeler on the question of building.

I know I'm just getting going in this biz, but it truly has been great so far. What type of theater is it you're interested in doing?

Should I build a theater??? 22 Aug 2012 05:52 #39039

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
If you live in an area that is not being served by a theatre go for it. I have owned three single screeners in the past and loved every minute of it. Make your theatre part of the community by surveying the population to see what they want in the way of films. Talk to other business owners in town to see how your theatre will affect their businesses. I will be happy to give you more advice if you will pm or email me.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction