Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby choose one: Bourne or Recall?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: choose one: Bourne or Recall?

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 25 Jul 2012 16:34 #38921

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
help!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 25 Jul 2012 18:48 #38922

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
in situations like these I like to look back at history. how did the last bourne do for you? anything from last year that would equate to a total recall (maybe Cowboys and Aliens?)
"What a crazy business"

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 25 Jul 2012 22:49 #38923

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Tough one
close -- but Bourne !
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2012 04:01 by slapintheface.

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 26 Jul 2012 02:53 #38924

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think Bourne as a bigger apeal to women.

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 26 Jul 2012 12:42 #38925

• Mike
  • Administrator
we sat and watched both trailers side by side//// thank you internet!/ and we are going Bourne. Recall looks great and I want it but it's too squeezed with other stuff. Thanks for your thoughts. Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 28 Jul 2012 19:45 #38944

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, just depends how you are booking around it, and when you have a hole to fill. To me, they are virtually interchangeable. With four screens, we're playing them both. I anticipate they will do a similar gross, neither one is as good as Avengers, or as bad as Battleship.

The question I have, is do you take Paranorman or Timothy Green on August 17? Two quirky family movies opening on the same weekend. You'd think the studios would have learned their lesson by now, "Don't Overcrowd The Marketplace One Week, Then Leave A Full Month Empty!" One of those pictures could have easily been moved into late August or anywhere in September.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 28 Jul 2012 20:02 #38945

I would think that an animated comedy would do better than a family drama. Even though Paranorman is quirky (maybe even a bit scary to the littler ones) and Coraline did not do very big box office, it will still be easier to get kids out to that one over a live action drama. Unless you have a much larger senior crowd than family crowd... Go with Paranorman.

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 29 Jul 2012 03:59 #38947

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Like Rick, we're running both of them. However, I did have this conversation with my wife just Yesterday.

My hunch is that Bourne is more contemporary and will benefit from its more-recent predecessors.

Geezers, like me, are more likely to remember the first 'Total Recall'... and not necessarily as something that needs a re-do.

But... I don't do my own booking, for good reason, and in discussions with my wife and booker over what show to pick over another, I'm frequently wrong. So... we'll see, I guess.

choose one: Bourne or Recall? 30 Jul 2012 21:39 #38957

• Mike
  • Administrator
rodeojack wrote:
Like Rick, we're running both of them. However, I did have this conversation with my wife just Yesterday.

My hunch is that Bourne is more contemporary and will benefit from its more-recent predecessors.

Geezers, like me, are more likely to remember the first 'Total Recall'... and not necessarily as something that needs a re-do.

But... I don't do my own booking, for good reason, and in discussions with my wife and booker over what show to pick over another, I'm frequently wrong. So... we'll see, I guess.

I was watching the Olympics Sat night and it goes... Bourne starts August 10. I thought it was Aug 3. Luckily I do booking. Geez. But I did get it everywhere I wanted it.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction