Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: editor's note from Mike Hurley

editor's note from Mike Hurley 16 Jul 2012 16:42 #38880

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Someone asked me if I was perturbed by one post or another. I regret to say no I am not. I am pretty used to life in the public square and used to having conversations with people who may or may not disagree with me. I learned to do this without losing friends by owning a very busy bar for 5 years. Then I became Mayor of my little city for 8 years. Plus I wrote a newspaper opinion weekly column for 13 years. So I am used to it. Others? Maybe not so much. The internet has given them a voice and a way to speak publicly and too often without identifying who they are. So; no chance of retribution. In my small town I deal with having to have my politics: local mostly, affect my business and it makes me take a principled approach and mean what I say and say what I mean: carefully and with consideration. Maine town meetings were a good place to learn respectful disagreement. Here's a story I have had to deal with.. bangordailynews.com/2012/06/27/news/midc...rge-belfast-boycott/ and you'll see lots of secret angry people posting like wildman1876 ... give me a break. Anyway: I do not get easily riled up and more likely I rise in defense of someone attacking someone. But if I have to I can edit and lead. Which rarely is needed. So: thank you to all who post so much help for each other and yes even for those "I want to open a theatre!" newbies. I was one 18 years ago and ... before the internet... I used to call theatre owners far away and they were always really kind to me and helped me with lots of good advice.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction