Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Short films only theatre idea
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Short films only theatre idea

Short films only theatre idea 30 Jun 2012 03:39 #38775

• jkoseattle
  • Fresh Boarder
I have this vision of a movie theatre in a hip and busy young upscale part of Seattle that shows short films only. I envision a small arena, 100-150 seats, decorated like an old classic theatre, full marquee, concessions, etc. In short, like a traditional single-screen theatre in every way, except that the films exhibited are all in the 20-45 minute range. The concept is that couples out for the evening who want the full "date out" experience including dinner, but don't want to commit themselves to a film from 7-9:30. Screenings would be perhaps once every 45-60 minutes, probably weekends only initially. My guess is that the short film industry would be eager to have traditional theatre exhibition and so film rental would be substantially less, the rapid patron turnover would encourage concession sales to people not attending the film, and it would encourage drop-in business due to the short time commitment.

I'm imagining about a $5 ticket price, another drop-in incentive.

To offset the problem of exhibiting films the audience would not know about, the marquee or other signage could display "If you liked <famous film title> you'll love <short film title>."

Should I be talked out of this idea? Is this completely unfeasible?
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2012 03:40 by jkoseattle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction