Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to use search in the forums

how to use search in the forums 22 Jun 2012 21:04 #38674

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Great website. I am about to put a bid in to take over a 1 screen independent theater. Done loads of research but am really looking for advice on the process of booking indie films. Totally in the dark on that one. I noticed on a few posts you mention that these questions have been answered. I can't seem to figure out how to reset my computer and access some of these posts. Could you provide a little more detail on how to get to answers on what i mentioned above? Thanks!!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how to use search in the forums 22 Jun 2012 21:08 #38675

• Mike
  • Administrator
I received the above email / private and I post it as an example about

1. this is exactly the kind of question to post publicly so others can learn from it
2. I went to the SEARCH tab at top right ... see it up there? Next to help? Rules?
3. I reset the date to include ALL, I put in the word booking and www.bigscreenbiz.com/Forums/Advanced-sea...oking&searchdate=all that is what i got.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: how to use search in the forums 22 Jun 2012 21:13 #38676

• Mike
  • Administrator
I am not sure why people think booking is so mysterious. It is the wholesale end of the business. Does anyone think gas wholesalers make it tough for gas stations to buy gas or bookstores are restrained from ordering tens of thousands of dollars in books? It is not very obvious but it isn't a big mystery. And newbies seem overly obsessed with it. Far more important is will your theatre make money in your market. Getting movies is the easy part. Meanwhile: if you are a newbie/ do not even think about booking yourself until you have owned the place for a while. You will screw it up / do something stupid/ make mistakes and you will be sorry. Hire a booker.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: how to use search in the forums 22 Jun 2012 21:15 #38677

• Mike
  • Administrator
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction