Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Senior pricing

Senior pricing 17 May 2000 09:03 #386

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Is this a left over from the great depression? How did these geezers (I say that with love!) get such a deal? The seniors who buy tickets from me are all millionaires! I mean they could buy me to play shuffleboard for an hour. I just don't get it. Where did it get the start? I'd take the senior discount and give it to the family with four kids any day! Do others charge "seniors" a less expensive rate?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Senior pricing 17 May 2000 10:20 #387

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
For the evening shows, seniors can get in for the same price as Children 12 & Under: $3.25 as opposed to $5.00 For General Admission. At our matinees all seats are $3.00 so they do not get a discount for that and we hear about it all the time. I guess the whole senior discount started to help those on fixed incomes or those who only have Social Security to live on, but you are right, the ones who seem to have the most money are the ones who cause the most trouble if they do not get the discount and we don't ask, they have to tell us, mostly because we have insulted people who look older than they are. They don't buy much concessions and they don't seem to know how to be quiet during the movie. We have almost as many complaints about seniors talking during a movie as we do kids. And somehow, it is harder to ask them to be quiet than it is kids.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Senior pricing 17 May 2000 10:32 #388

SENIORS! They have been around longer then we have and I tend to think that they feel that much of our rules don't apply to them anymore. Like they've done their time in the big wide world. Not all are this way but many are. When you ask them to be quiet they act like they've been done a great injustice.I don't know what the answer is but to say that the rules are the rules, for everybody.

Re: Senior pricing 17 May 2000 17:20 #389

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Yep, they complain about everything. They are either too warm, or too cold. Why don't they stay at home a rent a video tape. We certainly don't make any money off them.

Re: Senior pricing 17 May 2000 21:50 #390

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
When the 60+ woman pulled up in her $42,000 Caddy and demanded her senior discount, I almost stopped giving them. On full admission shows we have a senior discount, and they seem to appreciate it. many of our regulars will often for-go the discount to support us (most are or were business people). I'll keep the discount 'cause it does drag them in -- and most of them are very good folks and come weekly, often asking about the film after buying their ticket. so, as long as the very pleasant older folk outnumber the codgers, i'll keep up with the discount. but, what do i know . . . Paul
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Senior pricing 06 Jun 2000 13:11 #391

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I like the older folks. My discount doesn't kick in till they are 65 though. Since I am in my 50's and certainly don't consider myself a senior--even though that nasty AARP keeps wasting money by sending me their newsletter--I decided 65 was a good number. When I turn 60 I might have to raise the senior age to 70 or more!! I would much rather give a senior discount, than give the brat kids a child's ticket. I make them pay full price unless they are accompanied and SEATED with their parent.

Re: Senior pricing 06 Jun 2000 15:37 #392

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I'm with you on this one Burney. I'm also in my fifties, and my senior discount begins at 62. I also plan to start moving the senior age up as I get closer to it. I say "start", as I plan on moving it up each year so that I never arrive at that point. (If only it was that easy to stay young!)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction