Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Could this be a good place?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Could this be a good place?

Could this be a good place? 10 May 2012 22:00 #38438

• lestremo100
Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to get everyone's feedback on whether or not a location near me is a good place for a movie theatre. Currently, there is a movie theatre near me that shut down. It was running first run movies at $7.50 a pop in 4 movie theatre. From what I hear, the theatre had 3 screens but one of the theatres was split into two to create 4 theatres total.

There are two things that I think the location has going for it. One, the area around it has seen a boom recently and is still undergoing more changes. In early 2009, they added a 525,000 sq. ft. shopping center with 30 - 40 stores, including Target, Lowes, Petco, McDonalds, Gamestop, AT&T, Verizon, Famous Footwear, Michaels, Bed Bath and Beyond, Stop and Shop, and 99 Restaurant, to name more than I probably needed to. In the vicinity of the theatre is a Subway, Walgreens, and Dunkin' Donuts. In the same complex as the theatre are an Aldi's (discount grocery store) and a Family Dollar dollar store. However, I heard that they will be building an Olive Garden in the same complex in the near future, and they are already in the process of building a Kohl's close by.

Second, the closest movie theatre to this town is 19 miles away. The population of the town itself is 16,500, and the rough estimate population of the surrounding towns is close to 85,000 - 90,000.

Given this information and without knowing how much renovation is needed inside, can anyone provide feedback on if it's even worth pursuing? Would it be better to run second-run movies instead of first-run? Since there is a dollar store right around the corner, would it be a good idea to allow outside candy and soda into the theatres but still offer our own as well as other options? Please let me know what I'm missing here, too.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

les
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Could this be a good place? 10 May 2012 22:45 #38439

• JPRM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm far from the best guy to comment on this (just gearing up to open my first theatre after a long search), but I think allowing outside candy in would be a serious mistake. Concession sales keep the doors open.

Re: Could this be a good place? 10 May 2012 23:54 #38440

• lestremo100
I hear you on that about the candy, but I was just thinking that you don't hear of any theatres that make that statement. Plus, people do it all the time any way and the Dollar Store is right around the corner from the theatre. Just an idea I had. Maybe not a good one, but something I was considering.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction