TOPIC: the latest notice re: the end of 35 MM

the latest notice re: the end of 35 MM 03 Apr 2012 16:08 #38218

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
To: All CBG Digital Cinema Program Members

From (NATO)

Re: Final Call on Digital Cinema

Under the VPF agreements between Cinedigm and the distributors, the deadline for exhibitors to sign deals and install digital cinema equipment comes six short months from now, on September 30, 2012. The deadline under some other VPF programs have already passed, or come very soon. And as we have indicated previously, we believe that film prints may not be available in the U.S. or Canada beyond the end of 2013, and perhaps even earlier than that.

The CBG and NATO have dedicated significant time and resources to create the digital cinema program with Cinedigm. CBG exhibitors operating more than 2500 screens have signed deals with Cinedigm. If you are one of those exhibitors, congratulations. If you have not signed with Cinedigm, you may still intend to, or you may intend to sign with another VPF integrator, or convert to digital cinema without a VPF program. That choice is yours. We simply want to do what we can to assist you in the transition.

Please let us know your plans. Specifically, please check one of the following and send this form back to:

NAME: _________________________ CINEMA COMPANY: ______________________________

___ I have signed an agreement with Cinedigm.

___ I plan to sign an agreement with Cinedigm and install equipment by September 30, 2012.

___ I have signed with another integrator (e.g., Christie, GDC, Sony).

___ I plan to sign with another integrator and am aware of the deadlines involved.

___ I plan to install my own digital cinema equipment and forego any VPF program.

___ I do not plan to convert to digital cinema, and understand that film may be unavailable in the near future.

Thank you for informing the CBG and NATO of your plans.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction