Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm Scared

I'm Scared 24 Mar 2012 04:11 #38154

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I have been in the industry as a projectionist and asst. manager for almost 20 years. I did this as a love but it was never my real job it was more like a hobby! I have been trying to get a theatre in my price range but when I do find one it is pretty much condemned.
Now over the weekend in one of the major multiplex chains I was talking to a senior manager and he gave me the facts!
I'm sorry But I know Mom/Pop theatres are trying but your banging your head against the wall. No one cares anymore. Have you seen the screen on the new IPAD. It has the same resolution as a movie screen in a digital theatre. I know it's nasty but f*** the Mom and Pop theaters even in the most rural of areas. It really IS over! It is just prolonging it! After the full conversion there will only be a very low % of theatres left and it will be very hard for them to compete against the kill multiplexes!
I disagree and will still pursue my dream but is it a suicide mission to continue! If you look across the street theatres are closing at an alarming rate. Even multiplexes are shutting down and be converted into strip malls and housing units!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction