Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: afraid of Mike?

afraid of Mike? 17 Mar 2012 18:02 #38070

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Are you afraid to disagree with me? Please. And ..... really? As in SNL: REALLY? Please feel free to disagree with me, Mike Hurley, your humble servant anytime you want and express your opinions. Here's what I am a stickler on: be respectful, say what you mean and mean what you say, you do not have to put someone down to say it, you are free to have a varied opinion but just remember there are people here from all over including not in this country the US OF A. We have Canadians, Euros, African's, Asian's and Icelanders and not to forget SA and the Carib. We are black, white, brown. We are multiplex and single screen, some of us have metal detectors and others have 8 year old kids dropped off because parents know it's safe, some could not survive without AC and other burn wood for heat in June! However in all this diversity I demand a diplomatic respect for each other, a healthy sharing of empathy is expected, a respectful manner of speaking. You cannot hide behind your internet fence. At least not from me as I have the management tools to straighten that out. As a small town 3 term mayor for 8 years and two term city councilor I get all the rude craziness (Hello TEA Party) anyone needs and I know the difference between a healthy discourse and a rude one. I choose HEALTHY. Be nice and give it your all. And feel free to disagree with me. I don't know about the rest of you but I am more fearful of the odd studio/distrib rep who calls me "What did you say?!" So please: be my guest. I'm a big boy.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: afraid of Mike? 18 Mar 2012 01:42 #38075

• elvislvr
  • Senior Boarder
OK - you said in your first paragraph that you can express your opinion and "you don't have to put someone down to say it" and then in your last paragraph you put down the Tea Party by saying they are rude and crazy, hmmm, seems like all opinions might not be welcome here unless you are of a certain political party? Just sayin. Anyway, my opinion on your post is I think you have made excellent points and thanks for standing up for the little guy. I think the small theatre owners are such a unique breed that if there is a way for them to keep operating, they will find it! I think a major component is their communities need to get behind them, support them with ticket sales so they can afford to convert and keep their Main Street treasures open and operating.

Re: afraid of Mike? 18 Mar 2012 15:47 #38078

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
I was talking about rude craziness which the Tea Party has specialized in in my part of the world. I have no problem with all points of view but obnoxious shouters: I no likey.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: afraid of Mike? 18 Mar 2012 23:12 #38081

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Mike wrote:
I was talking about rude craziness which the Tea Party has specialized in in my part of the world. I have no problem with all points of view but obnoxious shouters: I no likey.

Yeah... and unfortunately, there are enough of them to go around, no matter what your political persuasion
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction