Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Old Theatre Screens
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Theatre Screens

Old Theatre Screens 16 Mar 2012 15:20 #38064

• jncwalker
  • Fresh Boarder
Our theatre was updated in 2000. Last week when cleaning back stage I found the old Screen folded up. Is there a market out there for used screens?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Old Theatre Screens 18 Mar 2012 23:16 #38082

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
jncwalker wrote:
Our theatre was updated in 2000. Last week when cleaning back stage I found the old Screen folded up. Is there a market out there for used screens?

My hunch would be, "No".

The obvious first question would be, "If the screen is any good, why aren't you still using it?" Beyond that, a folded screen would be difficult, if not impossible to get flat again. Overall condition, dirt accumulation and shipping would be other factors that would go against the screen being worthwhile for someone else.

The theatre I grew up working at had a shed in the back yard, containing a speaker with no cone, a folded screen and several pieces of rusted-out projection gear. All of it was useless and should have been tossed probably 30 years ago, yet there it sat. Sentiment, I guess.

In the big picture, new screens aren't all that expensive. Yours probably should have been disposed of when it was replaced, IMHO.
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2012 23:18 by rodeojack.

Re: Old Theatre Screens 18 Mar 2012 23:57 #38083

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
rodeojack wrote:
jncwalker wrote:

My hunch would be, "No".

The obvious first question would be, "If the screen is any good, why aren't you still using it?" Beyond that, a folded screen would be difficult, if not impossible to get flat again. Overall condition, dirt accumulation and shipping would be other factors that would go against the screen being worthwhile for someone else.

The theatre I grew up working at had a shed in the back yard, containing a speaker with no cone, a folded screen and several pieces of rusted-out projection gear. All of it was useless and should have been tossed probably 30 years ago, yet there it sat. Sentiment, I guess.

In the big picture, new screens aren't all that expensive. Yours probably should have been disposed of when it was replaced, IMHO.

agree 100%
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction