Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Block Booking

Block Booking 30 May 2000 10:48 #380

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I've read an article in a recent movie magazine about block booking. I have not as yet experienced this. It's supposed to be against the law. Has anyone out there had to deal with it. If so what do I have to look forward to when I'm confronted with block booking.Does it have any good points?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Block Booking 02 Jun 2000 00:54 #381

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
What is block booking?

Re: Block Booking 02 Jun 2000 10:34 #382

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
BurneyFalls-Block booking is when you are requiried to run 3 or 4 lesser movies in order to get one first run movie. I hear that when a theatre has more then one screen it can be advantagious because you get all the screens filled at one shot. But what happens if you are a single screen theatre? How is that handled?

Re: Block Booking 02 Jun 2000 11:22 #383

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I know of a theatre who has 7 screens and he essentially lets Dis/BV book that screen: it's called "marrying" by him. There's advantages but the less screens you have the dumber it becomes. And at different times film companies will put together groups of fims as Fox just did with Big Momma's House and Titan AE: each will play for 2 weeks. Neither will go huge but at least theu won't make me hold one or the other for 4 weeks. If they had not offered the deal I'd have passed on both of the films.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction