Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA

Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA 07 Dec 2011 15:28 #37572

Hello,

I am brand new to the site so I apologize ahead of time for maybe sounding like others that may post. I'll make it as short as I can and provide more detail when asked:

I am 29 years old, I am from Dracut, MA which is about 20 mins north of Boston. Its a great town! Close to the city of Lowell and the boarder of New Hampshire. If you are from the area then you should know all about it B)

My passion has been films my whole life. My dreams have always been the same since as long as I can remember which were/are to act or write in Hollywood and to own a 3 screen movie theater that plays classics, even if they arent "old" films. I actually moved to LA in 2004 and accomplished some acting but my 'nack' has always been writing so I got more involved in that and wrote 3 films for Sundance Film Festival. I moved back to my home town in the same year 2004 because writing you can do anywhere and I've been more successful here than in LA. Since then my life of course has changed as I grew older and with age becomes more responsibility and with more responsibility comes changes in what you felt were priorities. Now at 29 I have been looking into my main goal/dream and still want to open up that movie theater! My dream would be 3 or 4 screens only where 2 or 3 screens play just older movies - the classics! and then the other 1 or 2 screens would play "second run" movies to attract more people. Wont bore you with further detail but the main reason for this post is to find an investor that would be willing to talk further in great detail about this and so I can prove to them that it will work in this area and that it would be very very successful and not only that but also that I have the skills and mindset to run it. I've been a hard working professional my whole life and always maintained a job. The past 10+ years I've been in the customer service field and now I am the manager of operations and customer service at a software development company. I have the business skills to run this. All I need is YOU to listen first, then invest :)

Thank you for reading! Hope this finds someone.

Mike Sullivan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA 28 Dec 2011 21:55 #37680

No one out there in this area that is interested?? :(

Re: Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA 29 Dec 2011 15:23 #37681

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Mike...

One) the people here are spread all over the country
Two) the best place to find investors is locally
three) most professional theatre owners view a "classics" movie theatre as a bad bet. The true classic part of it is that thousands of people have your drem: a classic theatre. But for anyone who has actually dabbled in a reality based movie theatre: classics do not draw. Unless you are in Manhattan or LA or some such rarefied locale.
Four) 3-4 screens in your locale could work. But classics will be a very iffy prop.

Best/ Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Help me Open a Theater - North of Boston, MA 29 Dec 2011 22:34 #37682

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I don't have the heart to stomp on anyones dream but the classics would never fly . Keep your dream of a theater and work in one...Thats how you start.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction