Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Don't you just love piracy?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Don't you just love piracy?

Don't you just love piracy? 27 Sep 2011 01:37 #37085

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
From a facebook conversation:

Dennis Lively
watching Contagion online. Decent flick so far.
Like • • 2 hours ago • Privacy:

o
Mike Frese Thief!
51 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively say what?
50 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively Care to explaijn that comment?
48 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese You are watching a pirated movie. There are many people whose jobs and families depend on people actually spending money to watch a movie one way or another.
48 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese Watching a movie online that has only been in theaters for 3 weekends is not right.
47 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams No thievery on his part. But on the people who took a cam into the theater or was shipped a pre-screener R5 DVD.
47 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively Tell ya what,when the theaters stop charging $10+ for a ticket, $5 for a .50 soda & $8 for popcorn I may consider not watching films online anymore. Until then, such is life.
46 minutes ago • Like • 2 people
o
David Williams Agreed.
45 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese Still is not right. If you did not watch their pirated movies they would not do such stealing.
45 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively BTW, as David said, I neither shot the film, uploaded it nor downloaded it.
45 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese You do not have to pay those prices. I want a brand new Ferarri but find the prices too high. Should I just steal it? Or is it okay to buy from someone who stole?
44 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively My morals work on a sliding scale & this sort of thing does not bother me in the slightest.
44 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese Too bad Dennis and David. I hope I find ways to get in to the shows you work because tickets are too high and beer prices are too high.
43 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams Wow Mike you need to just chill out and realize the times. Get over yourself and your "morals" If you don't want to do it than that's fine but dont criticize others because you are a dick.
43 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams Noone said anything about beer either jackass.
43 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese I own a movie theater and a video store. UNderstand? What do you do for a living?
42 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams Good for you. Enjoy that. But not everyone is as amazing as you are apparently.
42 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese David, what do you do for a living?
41 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively Mike, I see your side of things. I understand you see this as stealing. I on the other hand do not. i'm generally broke 90% of the time & wouldn't spend my $$ there to begin with as I simply cant afford it. This is the only way i get to watch anything at all as i don't even have basic cable.
40 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams It doesn't matter what I do for a living. It doesn't effect you or my thoughts in any way. People will do what they want whether you think it's right or not. So just keep your comments to yourself instead of bashing other people because we don't have this amazing stack of dollars you do. Like a vast amount of the population.
39 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese Dennis, the home entertainment industry had adapted greatly to the side of the consumer. Movies can be legally rented for $1. Unlimited legal streaming from Netflix for less than $10 a month. Pretty damn cheap. And it all supports legals means of acquiring entertainment.
38 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese That is the problem David. You think you know me but you do not. I work 70-80 a week. I do not have an amazing stack of dollars. Just trying to give people a good value for their money. my theater www.summitplazatheatre.com Check those prices out?? I would hope you have pride in what you do and would not want people trying to hurt the business you are in.

36 minutes ago • Like •
o
David Williams
But that's the problem. Is it's not about me. I can't change someone's mind on what they want to do whether it hurts the industry I am in or not. As far as your ticket prices go they are pretty decent. But most theaters aren't that way. So ...See More
31 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams Also the industry is in no trouble of toppling over. Ya people may watch the pirated copies but a lot people still want to pay to see the movie on a gigantic screen with amazing speakers. I personally prefer the movie theater but do to prices I haven't been able to afford it in almost 3 years!
28 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams due*
28 minutes ago • Like
o
Dennis Lively I agree 100% David. If i had the coin, I'd be there every friday night catching the latest flick. I can remember as a kid going to the theater a couple of times a month, anymore thats impossible for me when it costs $75+ for a family of 4 to see something w/ snacks.
26 minutes ago • Like
o
David Williams Exactly. I can remember those times too. But it isn't that way anymore.
21 minutes ago • Like
o
Mike Frese I would have loved to have seen Nelly in concert at the Toad and get drunk at the same time. Should I have just snuck in after I stole some beer from Break Time because I had no money and felt entitled to it? That way I could have discussed how the show was with others afterwards.
2 seconds ago • Like
Last Edit: 27 Sep 2011 01:40 by rufusjack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Don't you just love piracy? 27 Sep 2011 14:08 #37092

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Had an older couple (late 60's) in to see The Help this weekend. And during conversing with them they said, they were there to see it because when they watched it on their computer three weeks ago the end was cut off.
And people standing up in front of the picture was annoying. I asked them why they would watch a pirated movie and they just shrugged.

Re: Don't you just love piracy? 29 Sep 2011 01:11 #37124

• theBigE
  • Expert Boarder
Good for you, RufusJack! Keep it up. I don't know why people think it's ok to steal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction