Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks

Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 22 Aug 2011 12:58 #36850

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Wow do the next couple of weeks suck. There were not any movies of any significance that we had to skip the past two months. The ones that we did really underperformed and would barely put a butt or two in seats. Nothing that I can see on the arthouse/independent from to play. No Winter's Bone this year.

Bleh!

Interesting 3d tidbit: A studio has two movies coming out next month that we are interested in playing. A 2d movie with pretty good revenue expectations and a 3d movie with less than half of the other 2d movie expectations. We were told we are not in the plans as of right now on the 2d but they would like us to play the 3d. Hmmmmmmm......seems that studios are still interested in 3d.
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2011 13:00 by rufusjack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 22 Aug 2011 20:38 #36851

• strand4me
  • Fresh Boarder
Two months of nothing. Too much in November.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 22 Aug 2011 21:08 #36852

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Nov and Dec way to many films.... 3d prints for the fall were all made early this year , lets see next fall if you see 10 % of this year..

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 25 Aug 2011 22:53 #36864

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It was one of the most refreshing changes of the last decade (2001 to 2010) as studios took a chance and discovered that everything worthwhile did not have to be released in the summer (May to July) or the winter (Nov - Dec) holiday seasons.

For some reason that trend came to a screeching halt this year (2011) as the studios have for some reason returned to the old ways.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 26 Aug 2011 12:54 #36865

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
The Help is packing them in night after night. It is the engine that could. We make up a list of all we missed and pack the screens. Also we bring in the lesser known art pics that were forced out by mega films!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 26 Aug 2011 12:58 #36866

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
quality pics for Sept -new & old

1. MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
2. MONEYBALL
3.DRIVE -- MIGHT HAVE SOME LIMITED POTENTIAL
4. THE GUARD
5.FUTURE
6. TREE OF LIFE --VERY MIXED -- BUT HAS DONE VERY WELL IN SOME LOCATIONS

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 26 Aug 2011 14:20 #36868

MIDNIGHT IN PARIS has been playing on one of our screens since early June - if you haven't booked it yet, do so now.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 26 Aug 2011 16:11 #36870

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
The Help: Disney went very light in the KC district. 8's and up unless you were $100k per screen and up. Plenty of good grossing 6's did not get it. The dominant independent booker in the area did not get it booked a any of his theaters (at least those that report to Rentrak openly). Add the horrible line-up right now, there will be a wait for this at my level of gross.

Midnight In Paris: Woody Allen has never played well to my customers. Some decent established art/indie houses in the area only did approx. $2000. Based on that I would be lucky to gross $400. Not worth the trouble for such little gross. PLUS, hoping to qualify for 1st run VPFs; so playing it would drastically cut into my 1st run %.

Tree of Life: Only about 1/3rd of the normal ind/arthouses played it our area. I will pass.

Just do not see any art/indie with much cross over appeal Unlike Winter's Bone last year.

Mike: Since we have 4 screens, there was very little we had to skip. Larry Crown?? It performed horribly around here. Since I have significant competition 15 mins away, mainstream move-over does very poor for me, $400-500 tops.

My only hope for a decent September, is for the studios to not be stingy on the break.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 27 Aug 2011 01:37 #36872

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
I did book THE HELP @ one of my theaters and it is on track to do about $90,000 -We booked it away from A Carmike multiplex 1 mile away .

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 27 Aug 2011 14:40 #36875

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
we got 'The Help' on the second weekend and it has been the only thing during the last few weeks worth having....

'Moneyball' looks good and 'Drive' is a maybe for us.

Hoping 'Lion King 3D' will work out for us as there is nothing else for the kiddies this season except maybe 'Dolphin Tale 3D'
"What a crazy business"

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 30 Aug 2011 18:06 #36886

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I confess/ my Disney rep was having a baby/ I had been talking to Disney looking for the Help ever since Cinemacon. His cover said "anything I can help you with?" I said "yep/ we were putting in The Help." And he did. That's what us film bookers get the big buck for! :)
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 04 Sep 2011 02:20 #36895

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Moneyball is the way to go. Baseball plays off will be coming around and people will have baseball fever

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 04 Sep 2011 12:15 #36896

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Mike easy to say as Disney is taking everything put the bathroom wall.. But did you open it on the break.... Thats what the film buyers get the big bucks for...lol

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 04 Sep 2011 22:54 #36897

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
Jacker,

Baseball's popularity is nothing great. One could argue the fever would not even keep you out of school or work. 2 of the last 3 years World Series tied the lowest ratings ever. Now, if your area's team does make it that will effect that area. Having said that, we are hoping for it but it's estimated gross is half of Contagion.

Slap,

I am confused. Are you saying Disney was pretty aggressive placing this movie? Not in our district. There is only one independent playing right now vs. 13 or so on Apollo 18. Yes Apollo 18 is playing at 500 or so more locations. With the schedule of releases out now and the fact it is playing at mostly larger plexes, copies for the rest might not be available to the 23rd at the earliest.

Re: Revenue Forecast for the next couple of weeks 05 Sep 2011 01:44 #36898

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Are your Kidding... Contagion? That movie is so run of the mill and has no real publicity. The movie may have done well if they advertised more. But there has been very lil press or ads on it.
Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt are goign to clean up. If I am wring wil owe you an aplogy. But think Contagion is going to tank!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction