Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Average Movie Ticket Price Hits All Time High
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Average Movie Ticket Price Hits All Time High

Average Movie Ticket Price Hits All Time High 03 Aug 2011 21:03 #36791

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Up, Up and Away......

Hollywood Reporter Article
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Average Movie Ticket Price Hits All Time High 07 Aug 2011 00:13 #36820

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
This is one of those pointless debates that are nevertheless fun to argue, because there is no reasonable, rational or correct answer... sort of like digital!

There are plenty of folks around... some of them here, who would charge $2 a ticket if they thought they could do it and pay the rent. Never mind that the product cost $120 million to make (which is another debate in itself).

Others look at admissions more as a matter of what their market (or conscience) will bear. Still others land somewhere in the middle.

I've long thought that the days of weekly theatre attendance are long gone, never to return. Movie attendance is, in my opinion, an event. Going out to any restaurant above the class of a McD's, Burger King or the like is an "event". Concerts, sporting exhibitions, live theatre, all "events". We go to these things when something about the individual presentation piques our interest. Maybe we actually budget for one or two a year, "just because".

No events I can think of are priced for economy. It's expensive to put these things on, and theatres have followed.

Most of us here work very hard to present the experience we do. That work justifies a reasonable return. If you're at or slightly below market rates for your product, what's wrong with that? Personally, I find that completely responsible.

On the other hand, there admittedly is a section of the industry that's identified a market for discounting. Like the "event" model, this one also takes work to develop a clientele. You could say the same for theatres that run independent/foreign fare.

I almost always ignore those who blast ticket and concession prices as being too high. It's an individual perspective. Cars are too expensive. Houses are too expensive. Electricity is too expensive. Dammit... my daughters' college tuitions were too expensive... but that was only because I paid them myself.

All a matter of opinion, folks. If your business is successful & you're happy with what you're doing, then it's most likely the right thing for you to do. If someone wants to change it, let them buy your place & invent their own wheel. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction