Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Cinedigm Sells Distribution Biz to Technicolor
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cinedigm Sells Distribution Biz to Technicolor

Cinedigm Sells Distribution Biz to Technicolor 28 Jul 2011 15:18 #36743

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Cinedigm shares are up 8.7% in after hours trading following the announcement of a deal that clarifies the company's growing focus on digital entertainment that exhibitors can show at times when many have trouble filling seats. Cinedigm will continue to help theaters install digital projectors, CEO Chris McGurk tells me. But it's turning over to Technicolor the part of the business that delivers digital entertainment to theaters via satellite or hard drives. "More and more our focus will be on software and content" says McGurk who ran Anchor Bay Entertainment before moving to Cinedigm in January.

Indeed, over the next two months he says he'll begin to announce deals with theater owners who'll let Cinedigm program venues like a TV network. "Monday could be action sports night," he says. "Tuesday could be opera night. Wednesday could be Broadway night." He says theaters could sell tickets on a subscription basis. One incentive to sign on: "We're going to cut exhibitors in on the downstream VOD, DVD, pay TV and free TV sales from content that debuts in their theaters. I don't think anyone has ever offered that in exhibition before." Cinedigm also will continue to offer one-off events similar to the 3D showing in April of a live concert by Foo Fighters.

Meanwhile McGurk says Cinedigm is looking for other deals to help clarify its new direction. "The company is in five different businesses and has had a confusing story to the investment community," he says. "We're looking to rationalize our businesses other than software and content."

Link
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction