Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cinema Paradiso

Cinema Paradiso 24 May 2000 11:09 #367

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Was there ever a better movie made that says who we are and what we do and why we do it?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cinema Paradiso 24 May 2000 12:26 #368

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Cinema Paradiso resonates with that segment of the population that had the world of cinema take up residence in our hearts early in life. We remember the wonder of the movie house the mystery of those who made that light flicker on the silver screen – feelings intensified by a childhood realization that there is a world, a whole world, that lives every afternoon in what is usually the biggest building on the block. No matter how unhappy or unfair life became, we could find hope and comfort hunkered down in a seat in a dark room sharing an emotional experience with strangers who felt pretty much the same way we did -- tho we never spoke, a quick smile was all it took to make me think I might not be as alone as I felt. And this still works to this day. Most people running independent theaters, myself included, are educated and could be making more money doing just about anything else. But, every day I sweep my auditorium, find money for bills, and wait on customers for my piece of Cinema Paradiso.
As many times as I have seen the film, I still believe you’d have to be a soul-less blob not to have to suck back a few tears when the hero plays the reel sent to him by the old projectionist that took him in as a boy. My theater was officially open when I played this film – the dream had been realized.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Cinema Paradiso 24 May 2000 14:19 #369

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
The day we opened we played Cinema Paradiso for free..for a week... as a mission statement.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction