Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Do you go to other theatres?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you go to other theatres?

Do you go to other theatres? 17 May 2000 09:24 #362

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Talk about Busman's Holiday... my wife and I were feted in Paris because we sent post cards to theatre owners there. They took us to dinner, gave free tickets, etc. Very kind and generous. And wherever I travel I end up in the local theatres... Grenada, Mexico, Chicago or New York makes no nevermind. The point is that if I'm not showing a movie I'll get in the car and go see it. I did it last with U-571. Even at Hoyts in Bangor... the picture is the thing. I notice that others routinely comment on pictures that I know they're not playing at their theatre. Do you travel to see movies at other theatres than your own?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Do you go to other theatres? 17 May 2000 23:00 #363

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure do, Mike. Many of the local theaters sometimes let me in for free (I'm guessing because they know they have a tech in the house -- so if that bulb which obviously has over 3000 hrs on it, goes boom they'll drag me up to the booth). I try to go to theater's owned by friends and combine catching up with catching a flick. Also, i play mostly art films, so i have to go out to see something different. It doesn't hurt to occasionally see a film that that doesn't make you think, speak to a higher good, or have subtitles.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Do you go to other theatres? 18 May 2000 16:55 #364

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Ditto here. We actually have an agreement with a few other theatre's in our immediate area. We will allow their managers/and or projectionists + one guest in to see any films we maybe playing. The same goes for our managers in their theatres. The only time we can not see a film for free, is if its a sellout, or no paying customers have showed up for the screening. it works out fairly well.

Re: Do you go to other theatres? 21 May 2000 19:50 #365

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I like to see a couple new movies a week. I usually show movies 2-5 weeks after they open so I travel to one of the mulitplexes 55 miles away to preview what's new. Once in awhile they let me in, but I usually pay. They are really good about giving me trailers I need.

Re: Do you go to other theatres? 24 May 2000 11:04 #366

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I never thought to ask them for trailers but considering how esy it is to get them when you work at a chain and how hard it is to get them as a indie I'll keep it in mind. We're talking about going to Boston because they have movies on the Boston Common outside... as they do in Bryant Park in NYC. I think we're just suckers for the silver screen. Have you seen Cinema Paradiso?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction