Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby My first adventure! Need a film booker
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My first adventure! Need a film booker

My first adventure! Need a film booker 03 May 2011 22:35 #35922

• scwforever
What a wonderful web sit to find. This is my first posting, and would like to say hello to everyone out there. I have worked in movie theater industry for a majority of my life, starting out at a Super Saver Cinemas when I was 16. For college I went to film school. Made a couple of short films. One on 16mm and another on 35mm (and yes, it was in SCOPE). My first short was nominated for a Student Academy Award (thank you, it was a honer to be nominated).

I am venturing into running my own theater with a small bit of backing I have come across. I'm nervous because I have always worked under a GM at a theater, but never ran anything on my own.

The resources on this web site are excellent, and definitely have all the answers to running a movie theater. I have been able to actually get a majority of my questions answered just by reading through a lot of the threads.

The Super Saver Cinema that I worked at is now connected to a upscale flee market, and I have a meeting to talk with the owner about operating this theater, BUT it does have its problems. A lot of the projectors need repaired, but the structure of the building looks good, and the lobby is still in great condition. This could be a big challenge and I'm excited. A lot of people have told me to turn and run the other direction, a few have told me its a great place to start up a management company for running a theater. It's an 8-screen theater, but I was thinking of booking it as a 4 screen until I got the other projectors running...then add as I go.

The owners of the mall do not have accounts set up with distributors. That is the biggest issue right now, and they want me to set up the accounts. Is there a film booker out there who could work with me in getting account set up, and maybe give me some rates on booking this theater? It is located in Ohio. I have heard about the paper work, but was wondering if you needed to put up any front money to secure the films?

Once again, it is great to be part of this web site. I visit it often and I will keep visiting it as my adventure begins in this awesome industry.

Brian
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My first adventure! Need a film booker 04 May 2011 00:00 #35923

• genedo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
interesting time
no digital no theater
not my words...industry words
would be very very careful
www.destinationheartland.com

Re: My first adventure! Need a film booker 04 May 2011 00:58 #35924

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
If this is the theater in Florida I know a lot about it .. Is this across the street from a big multiplex??
I book theaters and am happy to just give some advice.

furlingercinemaservices.com

Re: My first adventure! Need a film booker 04 May 2011 01:33 #35926

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Slap,

They said it was in Ohio.

www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=66713
www.danbarry.com/

Gene,

This is a discount house. Do you know of any discount houses running digitial right now?

This company operates 8 theaters it looks like. 1st question: Why do you believe the current operators are letting the place go?

Re: My first adventure! Need a film booker 04 May 2011 02:06 #35931

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Brian,

Larry Thomas (who has been very helpful to me) is located in Cincinatti. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The following user(s) said Thank You: scwforever

Re: My first adventure! Need a film booker 04 May 2011 22:10 #35941

• scwforever
thanks everyone for the posts. Yes Genedo, we did talk about the digital transfer today at our meeting. you are right...and the industry is right...and I completly agree...well, maybe we should leave one theater with a 35mm projector...just for fun? How else would I be able to show my 35mm faded pink print of Halloween for myself on a loney Halloween night.

Thanks for your post!! And Cheers

Brian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction