Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hollywood Movie Magic coupons

Hollywood Movie Magic coupons 09 May 2000 17:07 #357

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
We've gotten these from time to time. Coupons for reduced tickets or concession gift certs. that came with chicken or fast food or you name it. They do guarantee redemption (I'm always for redemption!) of the "movie checks" and seem quite pleasant on paper and in person. How have others felt about this? If you want to contact them it's This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and now that I look at it: that's the web site too if you lose the info@!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hollywood Movie Magic coupons 10 May 2000 15:19 #358

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We got bunches of those when we played Pokemon last fall. They came with the S.E. Pokemon Game boy. Couldn't believe how many people bought that. We must have taken in hundreds of them. I like the kind that you can treat as checks as just send them to the bank. The other kind that you have to fill out forms and wait for ever for your check I don't like so much. Haven't received any of the concession ones yet. Are you into the Movie Cash (www.creative-properties) thing also? It's similar to The Hollywood Movie Magic. Something I have just recently found out about and just now got enrolled in so don't know too much about them. But we try to accept just about anything that comes in so people are happy with us. (Anything that is except Gift Certificates and Passes from other theaters.) We've had people get really upset with us when we refused this, but you have to draw line somewhere.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Hollywood Movie Magic coupons 10 May 2000 16:03 #359

• Mike
  • Administrator
I love that! I've had people come in with a Hoyts gift cert and want to use it and like you say get p.o.ed we couldn't take it.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Hollywood Movie Magic coupons 10 May 2000 22:21 #360

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
We have the same problem with having people bringing in Gift Certificates from AMC and GCC.
And just like in your case, they get upset when we don't accept them. Can't those people read, or don't they take the time to. Or do they think that we are that dumb that we won't notice that it's for another theatre.
Also...did you ever take notice that a large percentage of people with gift certificates or passes try and bring in their own food and drink! (Maybe we should accept food stamps at the concession stand!) Oh, and now that I'm on that subject again....I've had people tell me when I mentioned to them about bringing in outside food..."Why do you care, you get paid to show the movie". When I ask them what they mean by that, I've been told that they think that the film studio PAYS US to show the film. Well there was a time when that did happen.....remember in the seventies when Warners and several independents tryed fourwalling? They paid us a flat rental for the week, and took all the box office reciepts! Gee...I wonder if those were the Good Old Days!

Re: Hollywood Movie Magic coupons 24 May 2000 10:43 #361

• Mike
  • Administrator
I asked my wife about Movie Magic and she said: "I don't have time to fillin all the paerwork for 2 or 4. I throw them out! If I spent 30 minutes filling in and sending and keeping track it would not be worth it.Star Wars we had enough coupons. Flintstones? Fuggetttaaboutit"
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction