Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby CinemaCon shout outs and thank you!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CinemaCon shout outs and thank you!

CinemaCon shout outs and thank you! 07 Apr 2011 14:51 #35680

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Trudging the labyrinth of Caesar's for 16 hours a day is hard work. I do not travel with a posse and even my wife has opted to let me enjoy the sins of Vegas without her lovely presence. So I go mano a mano into the fray. Meeting up with old friends and making new ones is the saving grace of CinemaCon. Many times I meet people for the first time who are great fans of bigscreenbiz and these are always so welcome. Thank you. All of you help me get through the show and soften the feeling of being away from home. You make the show a real enjoyment for me.

Andreas Fuchs of Film Journal misses his dogs and looks like he's dressed by Armani. Peter Cane from Box Office led a terrific seminar on Social networking and is always a welcome friend. Dale and Karen Chapman of the Essex Theatre (go T-REX!) in Vermont share my fondness for snow in April. Dave, Sandy, and Sydeney Schoenborn of the Lincoln Theatre and the Sparta, Il. Showtime Cinema are my go-to hang out friends, Phil Cotrino of Box Office, John Vincent of NETO and the Wellfleet, Mass drive in, hard top, restaurant, mini golf, and flea market. They have applied to run a toll booth on Rt. 6 but state seems uninterested.  Rob and all the crew at RTS except Mary who slipped on the ice and broke her ankle: get well Mary. Steve Morris of the Gem Theatre in Kannapolis, SC (made national news by letting folks in for free on Weds. nights for a month!) hung out with me at the indie movies night but lost him after that, Rick Cohen of The Transit Drive In tore himself away from poker to tweet and message his Facebook 8,329 “friends!”, Dan Klusman of IME is an easygoing guy to share stories and speculations with. I was lucky to sit with Elmer Bills of B&B Theatres who’d brought 65 people to the show! “We made the decision and reservations during the last quarter of 2010. The 1st Q gave us reason to think but we were already committed.” This is a big family business and I ran into Sonic and B&B people all over the place. Paul Degarabedian is the smooth and the cool LA exhibition analyst that you’ll see everywhere on TV, hear on the radio, and always good to spend a little time with. The best surprises are when people stop me to tell me they enjoy bigscreenbiz.com and introduce themselves: theatre owner Nathan Searer of Tristone in Temecula, Ca. and we happily hung out at some loud pounding disco while scantily clad but most assuredly healthy teens did go-go for us, D from Benjies Drive In I am glad I only seemed to run into him when he could not talk. Phillip Turner and Pam Stanton of Screentrade Magazine edit my thoughts into Englishification and I end up calling Phillip … Peter. Why I do not know….. Still they seem to act happy to see me. Michael Lourie and James Devin of Cinema Source were fun to speak with but we needed more time. Allen Christiansen is now with Jack Roe. I cannot keep up. Met Keith Zednik of the Spud Drive In from the Teton Valley, Idaho… that’s scenery to enjoy a film by.

All of you people help me get through the day with a cheerful word and a smile. Thanks. It’s always a pleasure to see old friends and to make new ones too. And to those of you I have just plain forgotten or overly embellished our deep and enduring friendship I look forward to the our next encounters. I'll see you at the movies.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JDevin,

Re: CinemaCon shout outs and thank you! 25 Apr 2011 13:47 #35827

• JDevin
  • Fresh Boarder
Great to see you too, Mike! I agree, more time needed. Off to Tri-States this week and then Michael and I will be in touch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction