Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby old equipment - need evaluation...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: old equipment - need evaluation...

old equipment - need evaluation... 02 Mar 2011 19:41 #35467

• capitolweb
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Cinema Projection / Old Equipment Buffs,
We have held on to a bunch of old equipment for many years now and its finally time to evaluate it for repositioning. We could polish it up and keep it for display, sell it as is, etc...and we are hoping for your expert advice.

All equipment was stored in climate controlled environment. We have attached various pictures. Please contact us with comments, questions, etc.

We are located in Westchester County NY.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: old equipment - need evaluation... 02 Mar 2011 22:59 #35468

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
The Super Simplex projector was manufactured from the late 20s until 1939 when Simplex replaced it with the E-7. If in running condition and well maintained it will last for years to come. But getting parts for it will be tough. Simplex is manufactured today by the Balantyne/Strong corporation of Omaha but the machines are totally different. You will get almost noting if you choose to sell it. The Peerless lamps were among the most popular carbon-arc lamps and many are still in use today. Some have been converted to xenon lamps. Interesting that you have Century magazines. But no matter as equipment of the era made by different manufacturers was interchangeable. I did not see the soundhead (the unit that goes immediately below the projector just ahead of the take up magazine) but it was probably either an RCA or Simplex. The same comments apply to it as to the projector. Clean it up and it may make an interesting lobby display (with a note stating that's what projection equipment used to look like).
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: old equipment - need evaluation... 03 May 2012 05:40 #38371

• vgazder
hi ,
my name is varun and just like you i am selling my projectors as well ,am sure if there is anyone who could give me a ball park figure of how much the projectors are worth , it is you guys .
i would very much appreciate if you could help me out.

thanks
varun

Re: old equipment - need evaluation... 03 May 2012 09:39 #38372

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Film projection equipment today is worth next to nothing as many theatres have converted to digital.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: old equipment - need evaluation... 03 May 2012 14:51 #38376

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
You will be lucky to find someone who will haul them away for free. That is what they are worth. I have 4 sets I will need to get rid of sometime soon as well.

Most of the bigger chains are just scrapping the equipment. There was a picture someone posted from another forum that showed dozens of them lined up being stored outside waiting to go to the junkyard.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction